Early June to October
Striking views, alpine meadows, dramatic basins...
…with a perfect lake to soak your feet in are all on the menu at Alps Alturus. You’ll share the stunning views with the grizzlies, pikas and marmots that live there.
The ascent is surprisingly easy as a forestry service road brings your vehicle to 1762m.
- 12.9 km (8 mi.) round trip
- 995 m (3265 ft.) elevation gain
- Trail head between New Denver and Nakusp
We will choose an area that best meets your experience and interest. Contact your guide by phone or email the evening before for meeting location.
- Meet your guide between 7:00-8: 00 am at a predetermined location, sign waivers and check gear
- Drive up to the hiking trailhead, return time-based on distance from Nelson or Kaslo.
Programs are for hikers who have some previous hiking experience or fitness that would allow for 4-6 hours of hiking. Guests are responsible to self evaluate their skills as groups need to be matched together based on prior experience and ability. Please contact us to discuss your background and what kind of tour would suit you best.
Kootenay weather can vary drastically. In summer you expect temperatures to be from 8 C to 28C in the day while overnight temperature can drop dramatically in the high alpine, even below zero. Visibility could be subalpine or whiteout conditions when raining heavily or snowing or clear on bluebird days. Ensure you are dressed for all variations as temperatures, wind, precipitation can change within the day.
- Pre-trip planning support
- Fully certified ACMG guide service
- Group safety equipment (communication device, rescue kit, first aid supplies, GPS, maps)
Not included in price:
- Lunch, snacks
- Personal equipment
- Transportation costs
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance, medical insurance
Where can I purchase personal and safety equipment?
We have some equipment available for rent, contact us. If you’d like to buy gear consider outdoor stores in Nelson that supply service and quality outdoor equipment and gear rental, please ensure you rent/buy gear well in advance.
Rivers Oceans and Mountains 354-2056 www.roamshop.com
Valhalla Pure Outfitters 354-1006 www.shop.vpo.ca