Explore into grizzly bear terrain with your guide
From your side of the valley look for clues for various four legged animals. Notice the colours of lichen on the rock walls change as you ascent into the subalpine and watch for red tailed hawks in the wide sky above.
Fit hikers can continue walking by boulder fields and towards a pass of Whitewater Mtn, explore the snow that can rest there in pockets throughout the summer and experience the glorious views of Goat Range Provincial Park.
- 13.5 km (8.4 mi.) round trip
- 893 m (2930 ft.) elevation gain
- Trailhead between Kalso and New Denver
We will choose an area that best meets your experience and interest. Contact your guide by phone or email the evening before for meeting location.
- Meet your guide between 7:00-8: 00 am at a predetermined location, sign waivers and check gear
- Drive up to the hiking trailhead, return time-based on distance from Nelson or Kaslo.
Programs are intermediate (very fit) to advanced. Guests are responsible to self evaluate their skills as groups need to be matched together based on prior experience and ability. Please contact us to discuss your background and what kind of tour would suit you best.
Kootenay weather can vary drastically. In summer you expect temperatures to be from 8 C to 28C in the day while overnight temperature can drop dramatically in the high alpine, even below zero. Visibility could be subalpine or whiteout conditions when raining heavily or snowing or clear on bluebird days. Ensure you are dressed for all variations as temperatures, wind, precipitation can change within the day.
- Pre-trip planning support
- Fully certified ACMG guide service
- Group safety equipment (communication device, rescue kit, first aid supplies, GPS, maps)
Not included in price:
- Lunch, snacks
- Personal equipment
- Transportation costs
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance, medical insurance
Where can I purchase personal and safety equipment?
We have some equipment available for rent, contact us. If you’d like to buy gear consider outdoor stores in Nelson that supply service and quality outdoor equipment and gear rental, please ensure you rent/buy gear well in advance.
Rivers Oceans and Mountains 354-2056 www.roamshop.com
Valhalla Pure Outfitters 354-1006 www.shop.vpo.ca