Idaho Peak Lookout
Idaho Peak Lookout
This scenic trail is one of the most popular walks and rightly so, as easy vehicle access brings you right into the alpine.
The famous wildflower meadows of Idaho Peak are captured in many postcards and visitor albums. Catch its peak in mid-July to mid-August as you wander on an easy trail that’s perfect for everyone in the family.
The walking ridge affords you stunning views of the Selkirk Mountains and Slocan Lake.
- 2.8 km (1.7 mi) round trip
- 146 m (480 ft) elevation gain
- Trail head between New Denver and Kaslo
We will choose an area that best meets your experience and interest. Contact your guide by phone or email the evening before for meeting location.
- Meet your guide between 7:00-8: 00 am at a predetermined location, sign waivers and check gear
- Drive up to the hiking trailhead, return time-based on distance from Nelson or Kaslo.
Programs are beginner to intermediate. This program can be adapted to suit any level of fitness or ability. Please contact us to discuss your background and what kind of tour would suit you best.
Kootenay weather can vary drastically. In summer you expect temperatures to be from 8 C to 28C in the day while overnight temperature can drop dramatically in the high alpine, even below zero. Visibility could be poor or whiteout conditions when raining heavily or snowing or clear on bluebird days. Ensure you are dressed for all variations as temperatures, wind, precipitation can change within the day.
- Pre-trip planning support
- Fully certified ACMG guide service
- Group safety equipment (communication device, rescue kit, first aid supplies, GPS, maps)
Not included in price:
- Lunch, snacks
- Personal equipment
- Transportation costs
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance, medical insurance
Where can I purchase personal and safety equipment?
We have some equipment available for rent, contact us. If you’d like to buy gear consider outdoor stores in Nelson that supply good service and quality outdoor equipment and gear rental, please ensure you rent/buy gear well in advance.
Rivers Oceans and Mountains 354-2056 www.roamshop.com
Valhalla Pure Outfitters 354-1006 www.shop.vpo.ca