Early June to October
Where waterfalls, glacier and rock meet...
Enjoy the magnificence of being in the sounds and sights of where waterfalls, glacier and rock meet. Your walk will take you through lush meadows, old forests and challenge your muscles to ascend a series of stairs to bring to a gloriously wild alpine basin.
Your physical exertion is worth the views of Horseshoe Glacier, Mac Beth Glacier and Duncan Lake far below.
- 15.6 km (9.7 mi.) round trip
- 1082 m (3550 ft.) elevation gain
- Trail head northeast of Kaslo
We will choose an area that best meets your experience and interest. Contact your guide by phone or email the evening before for meeting location.
- Meet your guide between 7:00-8: 00 am at a predetermined location, sign waivers and check gear
- Drive up to the hiking trailhead, return time-based on distance from Nelson or Kaslo.
Programs are intermediate (very fit) to advanced. Guests are responsible to self evaluate their skills as groups need to be matched together based on prior experience and ability. Please contact us to discuss your background and what kind of tour would suit you best.
Kootenay weather can vary drastically. In summer you expect temperatures to be from 8 C to 28C in the day while overnight temperature can drop dramatically in the high alpine, even below zero. Visibility could be subalpine or whiteout conditions when raining heavily or snowing or clear on bluebird days. Ensure you are dressed for all variations as temperatures, wind, precipitation can change within the day.
- Pre-trip planning support
- Fully certified ACMG guide service
- Group safety equipment (communication device, rescue kit, first aid supplies, GPS, maps)
Not included in price:
- Lunch, snacks
- Personal equipment
- Transportation costs
- Trip cancellation, adventure travel insurance, medical insurance
Where can I purchase personal and safety equipment?
We have some equipment available for rent, contact us. If you’d like to buy gear consider outdoor stores in Nelson that supply service and quality outdoor equipment and gear rental, please ensure you rent/buy gear well in advance.
Rivers Oceans and Mountains 354-2056 www.roamshop.com
Valhalla Pure Outfitters 354-1006 www.shop.vpo.ca