Nelson Vacation Rental
The Cedar Chalet is a cozy, beautiful guesthouse in uphill Nelson, affording you incredible views of the Selkirk Mountains and Kootenay River. Enjoy spectacular sunsets from the high deck and the peace and serenity of hanging in a hammock under the cedar trees. A short walk downhill leads you to the culture and cuisine of Nelson while just out your back door are walks into a peaceful forest.
The Cedar Chalet is ideal for couples or a small family as it sleeps up to four-five people. The upstairs floor has two bedrooms, one with a back porch surrounded by a grove of trees, while the other frames incredible views of the river. The home is wood designed with lots of glass and French doors to allow light to stream in, filling all the funky corners of barn style house shape. Each of the rooms has a double bed, as well a desk in one for those who enjoy working or writing.
The downstairs of the Cedar Chalet is a completely open space connecting the fully stocked kitchen, dining area and cozy front sitting area. Cook in the open atmosphere of your kitchen or have a barbeque on the view deck.
The Cedar Chalet is the perfect retreat for people who enjoy quiet, beauty and serenity and still be within a short walk of downtown Nelson. Enjoy the railway grade trails next to the chalet, the hikes in Nelson or adventure into Kokanee Glacier or Valhalla Provincical Parks alpine zone for scenic hiking, view our favorite trails page for more ideas.
Nelson Guesthouse Rates
$135/night (summer rate, 3 nights min.)
$150/night (winter rate, 3 nights min.)
*weekly rate based on 2 people: additional adults $25/night or $100/week; youth 17 yrs and under $20/night or $75/week; children, 9 yrs under $15/night or $50/week
* winter weeks, October thru April add $50 heating
Phone: +(01) 250-354-4884
Vacation Rental Location
418 Beasley Street,
Nelson, British Columbia
We look forward to hosting you in the front country…
Steps for booking your Nelson Holiday Home
- Make a non-refundable deposit payment to secure your spot using one of the payment options. Deposit amount is dependent on length of your rental stay and how far in advance you register and book your vacation.
- Carefully read the cancellations policies below, the deposit is non-refundable.
- For a 3 day booking, a 25% non-refundable deposit is required.
- For week or month long bookings, a 50% deposit (25% non-refundable) is required.
- Send us your final payment no later than 45 days prior to the starting date of your rental start date.
- For bookings occurring within 45 days full payment is required (25-50% non-refundable).
We accept Canadian funds by money order, wire transfer, email bank transfer and credit or bank card payment through Pay Pal service. Summit Mountain Guides is not responsible for covering any service fees associated with transferring money. Use one of the following methods:
You can write a cheque to Summit Mountain Guides for your deposit or payment. Please ensure this arrives well in advance of booking deadline. NSF cheques will be charged $40 plus owed fees, please ensure sufficient funds.
This service allows you to pay using your bank card or credit card once you have become a member. Upon your instruction, we will send you a Pay Pal request from firstname.lastname@example.org to your email and you follow the instructions to make instant payment to our account.
Please note, a 3.5% service fee for use of Pay Pal will be added to your payment.
You access this service via your bank. Most banks have a flat fee to cover the cost of this, which varies from $15-45. Please contact us for our account details, costs $15 to receive.
This service occurs between most banks in Canada and is a secure way to send money. You set this up via your bank, email us a password so we can access your payment.
Please contact us if you need to cancel a booking. Cancellations must be made in writing by mail or email and refunds will be processed according to date received.
* If changes are made more than 60 days in advance of the rental, you will receive a full refund, less $100 or 10% of the total cost for an administration fee.
* For cancellations made between 60 days and 45 days before the rental start, 50% of total cost will be refunded. If a suitable guest can be found to replace your booking, in which case you may receive a refund, less $150 or 25%of the total cost administration fee.
* Cancellations made 45 days or less before rental begins may not be eligible for a refund unless a suitable guest replacement is found for the dates secured. If a suitable guest can be found to replace your booking, in which case you may receive a refund, less $150 or 25%of the total cost administration fee.
We recommend you purchase trip cancellation insurance in order to protect the potential of events occurring that make you unable to prevent changes of your vacation.
Intro to Rock Climbing
May 25&26, 2013
Nelson Rock Crag
June 9, 2013
May 25&26, 2013
Gimli Peak Guided
June 29&30, 2013
Valhalla Provincial Park
Snow & Ice Course
Introduction to Mountaineering
July 14*-18, 2013
July 19-22, 2013
Drinnon to Gimli traverse
Aug. 1-5, 2013
Bugaboo Glacier Hut
July 15-18, 2013
Receive Mountain News & Events
Sign up here for seasonal newsletters and information on upcoming guided trips & courses.