Now that you’ve decided on the professional guided mountain adventure or course in Nelson, Western Canada or Europe, we recommend you book to secure the program and dates you are interested in. Most programs require advance booking and deposit. For a custom adventure or very last minute trips, please make your booking and contact us directly to see if we can make your mountain vision a reality…
Steps for Booking a Guided Program or Course
Ensure you have read the skill level and fitness required for your program, please view limits to group travel. For any questions regarding pre-requisites or ability level or ideas for pre-trip training and preparation contact us.
- You can complete the booking on line with this Registration Form. Or you can fill in the registration form Download PDF or Download MS Word by downloading or print & scan back electronically by email OR print your registration & mail to the address below.
- Once you receive email notification of registration or contacted by SMG staff to confirm trip, you will need to put down either 50% or 100% payment to secure your spot. Payment options and associated costs are listed below.
- To secure trip or course, a 50% non-refundable and non transferable deposit is required for long programs(4 days up to 3 weeks) and final payment is due 60 days prior to the starting date. For 1-3 day programs or for programs occurring in less than 30 days full payment is required upon booking. See detailed cancellation policy below.
- Familiarize yourself with the liability waiver and its conditions; all guests will be asked to read and sign this prior to any trip.
- Carefully read the limits and cancellation policies below and considering purchasing trip cancellation insurance.
- SMG programs are now subject to government tax, 5% GST will be added to your trip or course costs. We can provide receipt for your records if you can claim it back.
- For 1-4 day programs full payment is due on booking. While for 5 day to week(s) long programs, final payment is due 60 days prior to the starting date. If program is occurring in less than 60 days full payment is required. See detailed cancellation policy below.
- Review your trip or course page for equipment requirements and itinerary. Consult with Summit Mountain Guides staff for any questions.
We accept Canadian funds by check, money order, wire transfer, email bank transfer and credit or bank card payment through Pay Pal service. Summit Mountain Guides is not responsible for covering any service fees associated with transferring money. Use one of the following methods:
Please address the check to Summit Mountain Guides and mail to 414 Beasley St., Nelson, B.C. V1L 5M7. Ensure that you send the check well in advance of final booking deadlines. Please note, for cheques from US, the exchange rate may change between the time you send the check and processing at our bank, you will be responsible to cover the difference, if any. Please note, cheques that have not sufficient funds (NSF) will be charged the $50 bank fee.
This service allows you to pay using your bank card or credit card once you have become a member. Upon your instruction, we will send you a Pay Pal request from firstname.lastname@example.org to your email and you follow the instructions to make instant payment to our account.
For deposits, $100 or less, we will cover service fee, for larger deposits or remaining payment by the 4% service fee for use of Pay Pal will need to be added to your payment.
You access this service via your bank. Most banks have a flat fee to cover the cost of this, please add $20 to your payment for services charges to receive this.
Most people are able to do e-transfer between most banks in Canada and is a secure way to send money with only minimal or no service cost. You set this up via your bank, email us a password so we can access your payment.
Group trips and courses offered by Summit Mountain Guides are designed to meet the specific skills and prior experience of the guests. Each participant must take responsibility to accurately assess their background and physical condition to ensure they meet the perquisites so the group can travel safely together.
Summit Mountain Guides reserves the right to deny participation to any unprepared individual at any time before or on the trip. If a participant is not sufficiently prepared or does not meet the physical fitness or skill level required for the program, Summit Mountain Guides is not responsible for achieving the original objective.
If weather or mountain conditions limit trip goals, Summit Mountain Guides reserves the right to change location of the program or reschedule the trip. We are not responsible for meeting advertised objectives should the travelling conditions limit safety.
Should the physical conditions, skills or equipment of participant(s) limit our program, Summit Mountain Guides reserve the right to make changes to an advertised program or cancel the trip / course for the safety and protection of the group. We do not offer any refund to unprepared guests.
If Summit Mountain Guides has to cancel a program due to insufficient enrollment, you will receive a full refund and notice of this change at least 30 days prior to trip start date. In the event of cancellation, we are not responsible for any expenses that may be incurred by guests in preparation of trip (equipment, clothing, transportation booking penalties, insurance purchase).
If Summit Mountain Guides has to cancel a program due to unsafe conditions (weather, avalanche etc..), you will receive a full refund.
Please contact us if you need to cancel a booking. Cancellations must be made in writing by mail or email and refunds will be processed according to date received.
* Regarding day trips, if changes are made more than 60 days days in advance of the program, SMG may retain 100% of total trip costs unless a suitable replacement is found in which case you may be eligible for a refund, less 25% admin fee and any additional bank or costs incurred by cancellation.
* Regarding multi-day programs, if changes are made more than 60 days days in advance of the program, SMG may retain 50% of total trip costs unless a suitable replacement is found in which case you may be eligible for a refund, less 25% admin fee and any additional bank or costs incurred by cancellation.
* Cancellations made 60 days or less before program start may not be eligible for any refund. If a suitable replacement is found, you may be eligible for a refund, less 25% admin fee and any additional bank or costs incurred by cancellation.
We recommend you purchase trip cancellation insurance in order to protect the potential of events occurring that make you unable to attend. SMG is not responsible for any additional costs incurred if a guest cancels a trip or changes their booking.
We look forward to providing your mountain adventure…
Avalanche Skills Level 1
Dec. 14&15, 2013
Intro to Ice Climbing
Dec. 20-22, 2013
Avalanche Skills Level 2
January 18-20, 2014
Ski Rogers Pass
Ski Touring Bascamp
March 10-13, 2014
Heli-drop from Nelson
Ice Creek Lodge
March 21-28, 2014
April 15-23, 2014
Chamonix to Zermatt
May 17-June 7, 2014
St-Elias - Yukon
Receive Mountain News & Events
Sign up here for seasonal newsletters and information on upcoming guided trips & courses.